I popped in to work today (Sunday) to fire up our old laser cutter which doesn’t get used from one year to the next since we got a flatbed knife cutter. Unfortunately it seems that there’s something wrong with the laser so I couldn’t cut the new water wheel.I had quick scout around the web
Last year I was upset that I couldn’t find the bed that lived inside the gnome cottage. It was only later that Lucy reminded me that I’d given it to our children to play with and it had subsequently been trodden on. So this year I decided to make a new one. Constructed again from
Last year was the first time we had a working water feature in the grotto. I used a large paddling pool which I also lined with pond liner so as to avoid any chance of a leak. The pool housed a water wheel that I made the previous year from laser cut plywood. Although it
I would very much like this little fairy house that I made for Flora’s Fifth Birthday last week to be part of the grotto this year. I think it would look fantastic next to the water wheel. I think there is a strong chance that the fairies will leave a note asking to visit the
The new water wheel isn’t going quite to plan. I’ve glued all of the blades onto one side but it seems impossible to align all of the parts and glue the second side on. I might file down all of the tabs on the second side apart from a couple for alignment.
I’m experimenting with making natural slate roofs for various grotto creations. I’ve got a bag of slate mulch for about £7.I’ve bonded some to a small piece of plywood using tile adhesive. The tile adhesive is a bit too white for my liking. Strange that you can’t get it in a moss colour… maybe that